Ophthalmology practices around the world make use of technology developed by Medisoft. What makes this company and its products so special, and how are they transforming the practice of ophthalmology? As a South African agent of Medisoft, Glenmed Professional Healthcare Solutions proudly introduces the brand and highlights its benefits.
Medisoft was founded in 1997 in the UK by consultant ophthalmologist Robert Johnston, and his brother David Johnston, an expert in marketing for the pharmaceutical industry. With their combined knowledge, they formed a software company with the sole focus of ophthalmology.
At the heart of Medisoft’s offerings is the electronic medical record (EMR) system which is designed to drive and support every aspect of ophthalmic assessment and treatment. Medisoft designs, develops and supports software, which is currently used by upwards of 150 hospitals around the world. It is estimated that roughly 5000 medical professionals have chosen Medisoft for their practices – and this number continues to rise. The newest version of the EMR – mediSIGHT – retains the features and benefits that have helped to transform the practice of ophthalmology for over 5,000 users of our software worldwide. It has been redesigned from the ground up to be faster, more flexible, and easier to use.
Read our blog for more key information on medical devices and their uses.
Why Choose Medisoft?
Medisoft’s EMR is a comprehensive system that overs all aspects of ophthalmology. It includes specialist modules that cover:
- Medical retina
- Strabismus and orthoptics
- Vitreo-retinal surgery
- Corneal and external eye disease
- Emergency eye care
- Refractive surgery
There are many reasons why ophthalmologists choose Medisoft’s EMR and related products. The five primary reasons are as follows:
- Clinicians can access all necessary patient information at the touch of a button. Years of medical history are displayed on a single page in an accessible and easy-to-read format.
- Medical professionals can generate activity audits across thousands of patients within seconds.
- Procedures can be recorded accurately in seconds.
- In addition to clinical work, Medisoft also supports research. Using Medisoft products, ophthalmic researchers have produced some of the world’s largest ophthalmic studies.
- Medisoft has a flexible pricing structure that helps users to generate savings as they go. The company refers to the system as its ‘pay-as-you-save’ pricing structure.
Ask Glenmed About Medisoft Products
Glenmed is a licensed South African distributor for some of the world’s most trusted medical technology brands, including Medisoft. Contact us to find out how we can help you equip your medical facility with the best medical equipment on the market.