On the 22nd of February, we celebrate Healthy Lifestyles Awareness Day and so the whole month is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyle awareness and educating the country about the healthier choices that are at their disposal at every minute of the day, to help them live happier, healthier, more fulfilling lives. As committed members of the health care community, Glenmed is happy to join in this celebration and we encourage everybody to do the same.
Now Read The RaySafe 452 by Fluke Biomedical
What is Healthy Lifestyle Awareness Month?
South Africa’s statistics are increasing with regard to obesity, and lifestyle diseases such as cardiovascular disturbances and diabetes. This is due to the pervasiveness of poor diets, widespread alcohol abuse and increasingly sedentary lifestyles. To combat this, the department, together with the Heart and Stroke Foundation recommends the following:
- Switch to sugar-free drinks if you are not willing to give up fizzy drinks entirely.
- Change to soft tub margarine instead of butter.
- Eat at least five servings of fruit and vegetables daily.
- Do at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise, five times a week. This can include walking, gardening and even house cleaning.
- Drink plenty of water – between 8 and 12 glasses (250ml each) per day.
- Reduce alcohol consumption to an absolute minimum, stop smoking and steer clear of other recreational drugs.
Glenmed is Committed to Delivering Excellence in Medical Tech
Glenmed is a committed member of the health care community and we join all our clients and colleagues in celebrating this important month, as well as promoting these healthy lifestyle choices throughout the entire year. We are a trusted supplier of top quality medical equipment, including brands such as Philips Medical Systems and Fluke Medical Contact us for more information.